A business partner to the management team, the Controller provides financial guidance and assistance on business issues, leads and manages the account
- manufacturing accounting
- financial accounting
- shared services environment
Reporting to an Acting Finance & Accounting Executive
Location : Northwestern outskirts of Greater Toronto Area
Company : National B2B Manufacture
Overview : As a member of the Senior Management team, the Controller will support, develop and implement strategic and operational objectives and plans to meet company goals while providing strategic financial input ensuring controls and procedures are in place to safeguard company assets. A business partner to the management team, the Controller provides financial guidance and assistance on business issues, leads and manages the accounting team ensuring its effectiveness.
Scope : National manufacturer with multiple plants requires a financial Controller to manage a team of certified accounting professionals to assume responsibility for the manufacturing/operational accounting of multi-million dollar plant. Working within a shared services structure with centralized AP/AR, fixed asset & treasury accountings, this position is directly responsible for the settlement and reconciliations of numerous intercompany transactions including oversight of a national invoice program exceeding $275M per annum. The Controller must have significant experience in manufacturing accounting and standard cost accounting.
Core Responsibilities :
- Maintain and improve overall financial, accounting and reporting policies and procedures as well as optimizing operating unit procedures to ensure effectiveness;
- Manage the application of company’s credit & collection policy for the operating plant in collaboration with shared services center;
- Manage, develop and evaluate an accounting team of five professionals.
- Professional accounting designation: CA, CMA,CPA,CGA
- 10 years of progressive Canadian financial accounting experience
- 6 years in a leadership role with a manufacturing environment
- Effective communication skills and proven collaborative abilities interfacing with management peers, executives, auditors, vendors and customers.
- Able to juggle conflicting priorities and short timelines.
Program invoicing, contract administration, intercompany transactions, operational accounting, reconciliations, contract incentives, compliance, Excel, centralized A/P, collaboration, pivot tables, look-ups, macros, manufacturing accounting, industrial accounting, conglomerate, Bill 198, IFRS, variance analysis, risk analysis, financial guidance, centralized billing, corporate reporting, capital budgeting, CMA, CPA, CGA, CA, national program invoicing, internal controls, financial accounting, managerial finance, process improvement, cost accounting, forecasting.
Note From the Headhunter on "What I'm Seeking"
I'm seeking a manufacturing Controller with strong operational and time management skills; combined with a penchant for generating financial information and providing collaborative assistance across a shared services matrix.